Friday, March 1, 2013

March Calendar Page

Well, I finished my calendar layout just in time again!  I used another sketch from Nuts About Sketches for this one.  There were so many spots for photos I actually ended up reducing it by 2!  I combined two of the spots on the right page and used one of the spots on the left page for an embellishment cluster.

;

I found these embossed chipboard pieces at Michael's a few weeks ago.  They are plain chipboard so I covered them in Picket Fence Distress Stain and then inked over the raised parts with Wild Honey Distress Ink and the edges with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.

For the flowers, I decided to use some Core'dinations cardstock I've been hoarding.  I cut them out using the Cricut and then dry embossed them.  I took my sanding block and revealed the light colored core.  The large one I inked the edges with some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. I backed the centers with green polka dot paper.  I filled in the holes with Glossy Accents and then sprinkled white tinsel glitter on them.
Materials
Cardstock- Bazzill, Core'dinations
Patterned Paper and Stickers- Fancy Pants Designs
Chipboard- International Greetings
Ink and Liquid Pearls- Ranger
Embossing folder- Ellieson
Glitter- American Crafts
Gems- Recollections
Pens- Sakura
Punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Storybook

1 comment: