Monday, August 30, 2010

Technique Challenge and Project 365: Week 2

I finished another layout today. This one is for the August Technique Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to do "fussy cutting" which is detailed cutting of images from patterned paper. I cut the flowers in the top left corner and center of the page using this technique. I also cut a few extra flowers and used foam adhesive and layered them over the original stems to add some dimension.

Here are my pictures from week 2 of my Project 365:

8/23 Groceries waiting to be put away

8/25 My daughter and mom watching dolphins at the zoo

8/26 My son lifting his head

8/27 My daughters playing with sidewalk chalk

8/28 Bowling with Uncle Brad

8/29 Too cool

Saturday, August 28, 2010

PageMaps Dusty Attic Chipboard Contest

I am starting to find a little time to scrap again. I finished this layout today just in time for the deadline for the PageMaps Dusty Attic Chipboard Contest. Below is the prize and the sketch we were to use:

Here is what I made:

These pictures are from the day I took Ellie to get her first haircut. I took her to kids hair because I wasn't sure how she would do and I figured they knew how to deal with that! Well, she did great! She got to watch a movie ("The Little Mermaid") and the woman put a cute little braid in her hair which I had to duplicate for several days after that. We got to bring home some of the hair they clipped off. I decided to make a little "shaker box" to put it in. I cut the patterned paper for the base, cut some foam adhesive into strips that I attached in the shape of a square, cut a smaller square from a transparency, and cut a frame from one of my patterned papers. Here are a couple of close-ups of the box.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two Baby Cards and My New Project

I had two events this past weekend that called for cards. The first was the Baptism of my nephew (as well as my son). For this card I used the Card Challenge at Challenge Masters for inspiration. The challenge was to use ribbon in a unique way. I decided to fill in my cross with the ribbon and fray the ends to fill out where the stamp spread out.

Next I made a baby shower card for a friend whose baby shower was on Sunday. Unfortunately, I was unable to be at the shower (because of the aforementioned Baptisms) but I still had a gift for her. I have had this pink "Congratulations" paper for quite a while and thought this was the perfect opportunity to use it. I also used my Cricut and the "New Arrival" cartridge for the cute little dress.

Finally, I have decided to do my own Project 365. The idea is to take a photo every day to document a year in your life. I decided to start last Monday, my 28th birthday. With all that I have going on right now, I thought it would be a good way to document those not-so-significant, but still important, moments and snippets of my life. My other, less important goal, is to work on my photography skills and learn how to use our camera to its fullest. So, here are my photos for my first week:

8/16 My daughter licking the beater after we made my birthday cake.

8/17 Cloth diapers hanging on the clothes line

8/18 My little boy taking a bath with help from his sisters

8/19 My girls playing "Ring Around the Rosie" with friends during a play date

8/20 Angela making burgers for Girls Weekend

8/21 My daughter and nephew doing laps through my in-laws house

8/22 Family socializing after the Baptisms

I didn't take this photo, but it is too beautiful not to share. That is my handsome little boy in his Baptism suit.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some New Stuff!

Well, I've finally found a little time to get some scrapping done! First, I did this card for my nephew whose birthday was on Monday. I had a little trouble coming up with a sentiment for the inside so I asked at Challenge Masters for some help. Tammy came up with "Sound the alarm... _______ is 2!", which I decided to use on the inside. The firetruck on the front is from a set of Creative Memories die cuts I've had for quite some time. I added the details with some pens and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

I also completed this layout for the Manufacturer Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to use products from at least 3 of the following manufacturers: Bazzill
Lilybee Design
Cosmo Cricket
American Crafts
EK Success
I wasn't sure I would be able to do it as I don't think I have ANYTHING from Lilybee or Pebbles and very limited product from EK Success, but I was able to make it work. The cardstock for the background is Bazzill, the circle patterned paper and the green patterned paper are Cosmo Cricket (that I found recently on clearance), and the ribbon is American Crafts. I had fun putting this one together. The pleating that I did with the ribbon is something I've wanted to try for some time. I like how it turned out. The embellishment cluster on the left side of the page came about when I somehow got white paint smudged on the page and I needed to cover it. Again, I like how it turned out and I got to use my new scalloped circle punch. :)

I did one other layout this week, but it was for another round of layout tag so I cannot share it now. I will share it once the tag is complete!