Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunshine Mail

The past several years during Lent I have taken it upon myself to make a card every day and then donate them to Operation Write Home.  This year I have changed it up.  I decided that with a new baby and 2 design teams, it would be too much stress to try to complete a card each day.  Instead, I decided to have a card making day (like I have had in the past) and just focus on making cards that day.  I also decided to try a new organization: Sunshine Mail Foundation.  Sunshine Mail Foundation collects cards, toiletries and art supplies for kids who are in the hospital, homeless or in foster care and could use some "sunshine" in their lives.  You can read more about them by clicking on the link above.  

Yesterday I hosted the Card Making Day and I had 4 friends join me in making cards.  We made a total of 18 cards between us.  For my first card, I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

I used some Dear Lizzy Neopolitan collection papers for this card.  The bee was cut using my Cricut and "Walk in My Garden" cartridge.  The trail was made using black stickles.


I will be sharing my other cards later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment