Thursday, March 21, 2013

Retirement Card

I've been busy making some cards for upcoming events.  I will be sharing them over the next few days.  Today I am sharing a fun retirement card I made for my aunt.  I used this week's Unscripted Sketch and the bright K and Company "Berry Sweet" line.


Believe it or not, I had no Lemon Cricut cuts or any other embellishments, so I went to work making my own.  I hand drew the lemon on white cardstock and then cut it out.  I colored it with Wild Honey and Mowed Lawn Distress inks and edged it with Grapefruit American Crafts ink. I covered it with glue and then sprinkled yellow American Crafts Spark glitter over the glue.  I pressed the glitter into the glue so it won't shed. 


I got the idea for the sentiment (which inspired the card design) from the book "Words to the Rescue", which is great if you ever struggle with sentiments for your cards.  I found a tag that coordinated somewhat to put the sentiment on the inside.


Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back over the next few days to see some more cards!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy card ... love the sentiment on the inside ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome handcrafted lemon! Love the bling and love the sentiment. Such fun colors! Thanks for choosing our Unscripted Sketch to showcase your crafty talent!

    ReplyDelete