Monday, March 25, 2013

Christmas Carol Party- NAS #258

It's Monday, which means a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches.  This week it is a single page sketch with space for lots of photos- just my style!

I decided to make a layout about a Christmas Party we went to a couple of years ago.  The twist on this party was that you were supposed to dress up like a Christmas Carol.  My husband, brother-in-law and I dressed up as "We Three Kings."  

This page came together pretty quickly.  I used a mask I bought recently.  I used it with spray mist on the cardstock and with modeling paste on the patterned paper.  


I fussy cut the ornament from a sheet of We R Memory Keepers paper, as I have done several times before.  I decided to write my journaling directly on the layout because I didn't want to cover up the patterned paper.  

I've seen several layouts recently with elements that were recessed.  I decided to try that on this page.  I cut the circles from the red patterned paper and then adhered my photos to the cardstock while lining them up with the holes.  To raise the patterned paper, I used a piece of chipboard under the entire patterned paper. I cut the same holes into that and then adhered the paper to the chipboard.  It turned out looking a little like a picture frame.

Materials- 
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Echo Park and We R Memory Keepers
Brad- Deja Views
Dew Drops- Robin's Nest
Stickers- Echo Park
Rub ons- Daisy d's
Mist- October Afternoon
Molding Paster- Golden
Chipboard- Making Memories
Pens- Zig, Sakura
Mask- Studio Calico
Ink- Ranger
Vellum- JoAnn Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment