Sunday, July 26, 2020

Sweet Dreams

Hello and happy weekend! I have a new layout to share today! For this layout, I was inspired by this sketch from Sketches In Thyme:

I was also inspired by the "This or That" challenge at Paper Issues:

Image may contain: text that says 'This or That www.paperissues.com Stars or Polka dots Red or Blue Button or Flair Doily or Circle Paperclip or Clothespi Pom Pom or Sequins Stripes or Floral Pattern'

I started my layout by smooshing watered down gesso on my cardstock. I then splattered some gold spray ink over my page. I smooshed some of those spots as well for more texture. I had one more photo than the sketch, but I still managed to arrange them in a similar way. Once I had all of my patterned papers and photos arranged and attached, I went to work on the title. I used my Cricut to cut both words. After "sweet" was cut, I heat embossed it with gold powder to match the golds on my page. The word "dreams" was attached with foam adhesive for some dimension. I didn't have anything to say specifically about the photos, so I found a bible verse that talks about sleep and printed that on some vellum. A scattering of buttons and star sequins finished off the layout. From the Paper Issues list, I used stars, blue, button, circle, paperclip (it's the gold heart in the bottom right), sequins, and stripes.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet photos, love the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete