Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Leaps and Bounds

Hello! I have a new layout to share, along with a little glimpse into the process that led to the final product. I started with this PageMaps sketch that is one of the challenges this month at Lasting Memoires:


I typically end up using more photos than a sketch suggests, but this time I used fewer! My photos were different dimensions than the ones in the sketch, but they worked. Because they took almost the full vertical space, I ended up making the vertical patterned paper panel horizontal so that you could see more of it. To fill in the right hand side of the page, I used ink splatters, gromlets and buttons. Even with all of that, my layout still felt unbalanced. I photographed it anyway:

While I was photographing it, I realized I didn't have any journaling on the page, so I brought it back to my table and found a journaling sticker. Once that was in place, wondered if bringing the cluster of embellishments at the top of my layout over to above my journaling would help balance things. I was excited that I was able to pull up the big sticker that was attached with foam adhesive without causing any damage. I moved all the pieces over and I'm so happy I did! I am much happier with my final product!

2 comments:

  1. Great work with the sketch and love your splatters and sprinkling of accents! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete