Sunday, July 12, 2020

Brave- Scrap Our Stash

Hello! I have a layout to share today! You may remember a similar layout I created for my other daughter. This is from the same party, just focused on my younger daughter. I used an almost identical design because it worked well for the elements of the layout. I was inspired by a couple of challenge for this layout. First was the Happy 4th challenge from Paper Issues. The second is the "Pick Your Word" challenge at Scrap Our Stash.
I chose the word "Brave" and then tied in my journaling. I was originally going to try to match the blue of my daughter's dress with my papers, but then I found this forest paper in the Shimelle "Never Grow Up" collection and I thought it worked with the story. The other part of the Scrap Our Stash challenge was to use an item that started with each letter of the word you chose. Here are mine:

B- buttons
R- rub ons
A- American Crafts
V- vellum (journaling spot)
E- ephemera (the certificate)

I have a pack of Renaissance embellishments that went well with the imagery on the certificate. I used a piece of damask crepe paper and a crest that I colored with Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain. I also painted some gold Gelato onto the crest and the lions on the certificate. I found a couple of gold arrow rub ons in my stash and placed them on either side of the crest. To finish things off I added some gold sequins around the page.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! What a awesome layout! Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that ! What a neat take on the word "BRAVE". Including the certificate really adds to the story the pictures are trying to tell. I really like the little journaling card, and how the gold title letters match the gold crown on "King Paul"'s head. Well done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete