Friday, July 17, 2020

Snow Much Fun

I know, I know, snow in July?! I still had these photos to scrap, and they worked for a couple of challenges, so I went with it! The first challenge is this color palette challenge from The Studio:

I knew I was going to make a two page layout, but thought I would use a sketch for one of the pages. I used this one from Paper Issues:

No photo description available.

The colors of the palette went so well with the colors of my kids' coats, I just had to find papers to go with it! I started with black cardstock and created masks with an old paper bag. I used temporary adhesive to attach them to my cardstock and then stamped and heat embossed the snowflakes. Then I took Perfect Pearls mist and sprayed that to give the paper a shimmer. I then spritzed and splatter some white spray ink. I finished off the masking with a dot stamp that I stamped in a very light pink color. I like how it made the appearance of a snow hill or the top of a heart. I then went to work with my photos and scraps in the colors of the palette. I used up so many scraps on this layout! Does anyone else get excited to use up scraps? After everything was adhered, I cut the word "snow" using my Cricut and used rub ons for the rest of my title. I finished off my layout with some stickers, chipboard pieces, a piece of washi tape, and a flair button.


Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing artwork! Love the colors and the photos :) Thank you for playing with us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout. The use of the sketch with the color challenge made a very stunning layout. Your pictures are too cute and it's never to late (or early) to scrap those snowy pics!! Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Jessica, your pages are absolutely cute and heartwarming! Your design really pop out your photos and I really love the colors and the snowflakes texture on your page. Thank you so much for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable photos and gorgeous pages - I can't remember the last time I did a double page. Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete