Friday, July 10, 2020

August Calendar Page- Stick It Down Guest Designer!

Hi all! I have exciting news! My layout using the May double page sketch was chosen as a winner at Stick It Down and so this month I am guest designer! I got to use this fabulous sketch:


And here's what I made:
I bought some Echo Park collections during their warehouse sale a couple of months ago and I finally had the chance to dig into this collection. I loved the coral and peach speckled paper and I was happy I was able to use it on this layout. I used a whole sheet of the floral patterned paper on my background. To add interest to my background cardstock, I stamped and heat embossed big flowers. Then I watercolored them with Abandoned Coral Distress Stain and Wild Honey Distress Ink. Once that was dry, I added some splatters of those same colors for added interest. For my large journaling block, I used a journaling card. I wrote captions for the photos on cardstock strips. My title was cut using the Cricut. For my clusters, I cut apart a big flower sticker into smaller pieces that I put in three places around my layout. I added stickers that had some greens and blues in them, attaching them with foam adhesive. Then I found some fun wood veneer pieces for each cluster. I finished things off with silver Nuvo Drops as drops as well as lenses for the glasses and hubcaps on the wheels of the car.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout! You can see my work on the Stick It Down blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment