Friday, April 15, 2022

Birthday Cards

Hello all! I have some birthday cards I created earlier this week to share! I pulled out my "card kit" file to make these. That file has smaller pieces of collections that I've mostly used up, but are big enough for cards. They all have a very similar design- it tends to be my go-to! First up is a card for my niece who will be turning 6. I used a few different patterned papers and layered them together. For the flower element, I decided to make a shaker. I used my Cricut to cut the flower and then cut a circle from clear packaging to glue to the back of the flower. I created a circle with some foam tape and put a bunch of sequins in there. I may have filled it a little too full, because they don't move a whole lot, but I still like the look of it. I cut a banner and stamped the sentiment to finish off the card.



Next up is a couple of birthday cards from an old Basic Grey collection. I again layered some patterned papers on the background. For this card, I cut the flower from gold foil cardstock and backed the openings with different patternd papers from the collection. I left the out sections open so the background could peek through and add some dimension. I added the flower with foam tape. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold and finished off the card with clear gems.


This final card was pretty quick and easy. I used the same collection as above and found this 3x4 card that coordinated and used it as my sentiment. I roughed up the edges a bit for dimension. I finished things off with a sprinkling of sequins.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment