Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Snow Cards

Hello! I have two new cards to share today! I used alcohol inks and Lift Off ink and this was the result.

First up is the card with the alcohol inks. I used purple, blue and teal inks and played around with layering them on glossy cardstock until I was happy with the result. I then took some snowflake, clear cling stamps and arranged them on my MISTI. I inked them up with Alcohol Lift Off ink and stamped. I then put my second panel in the MISTI and stamped the ink off (see that panel on the card below). I ended up doing that two more times to make the effect more visible. I still felt the snowflakes were pretty faint, so I rotated my card and stamped them again  with white pigment ink for more interest. I added some vellum to the top and bottom and stamped my sentiment on a strip of cardstock. I punched a few snowflakes to layer on top as well. One of them I heat embossed with sparkle embossing powder. To finish things off, I added some clear rhinestones.

To add more texture to my second card, I used a snowflake embossing folder. I then cut the snowflake using my Cricut. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and wrapped it around my card front. To finish off the card, I added Liquid Pearls around the large snowflake.


I am entering these in the Use Your Stuff- Snow or Winter challenge. 

 

2 comments:

  1. These are both lovely and the vellum adds an extra layer of frost. Thanks for joining us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous use of the vellum to add the interest to your cards. Love the backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon. Tammy DT Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete