Saturday, December 18, 2021

Birthday Cards

Hello! I have a couple of new cards to share! 

First up is this masculine birthday card using the current card sketch from Stick It Down:



I started by running a piece of kraft cardstock through a woodgrain embossing folder. I then took some dark green cardstock and stamped evergreen boughs in an even darker green. I used the same color cardstock, as well as some dark green cardstock to cut out the tree with my Cricut. To add a little interest, I took a white gel pen and added snow to the tree. For the band around the middle of the card, I found a scrap of kraft patterned paper and inked the edges with brown ink. I took the same ink and rubbed it over my embosssed paper to make the embossing stand out more. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. To finish off the card front, I used Liquid Mercury Nuvo Drops.

My second card was inspired by last week's sketch from Sketch Saturday:

I also ran a cardstock panel through an embossing folder for this card, this time a snowflake folder. I cut a circle from white cardstock and blended a background on it. I was originally use a snowman stamp for this card, but found this cute stamp set in my stash and decided to go with it instead. I stamped the person in black ink and then colored it with markers. For the trim on the hood, I filled the space with glue and sprinkled white glitter over it. I used my Cricut to cut the swirl with white and blue glitter cardstocks. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and added dots of Stickles to finish off the card front.


 Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card. Both are beautiful! :) I love the green (spruce) paper as your background, your embossed sentiment, and your layered wood grain paper. You did an amazing job with the sketch. Thank you so much for joining Stick It Down-Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the card sketch!! Another fan of the green! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you made a masculine birthday card using the Dec sketch! I struggle with those, great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!
    Monica -Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice masculine card! Thanks for playing along with our card sketch this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards. I love the woodgrain embossing, it adds the perfect texture to the card. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down blog.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete