Friday, December 17, 2021

Flower Girl Fun

Hello! I have a new layout to share! So often, sketches are for one page layouts. Recently, I have been using them as a starting point for two page layouts and I did that again with this layout. I started with the sigle page sketch from Stick It Down:


I used the sketch for my left hand page and then created a right hand page to coordinate with it. I love the circles on this sketch and it was the perfect opportunity to use my Stamping Gear. I have used it several times for cards, but rarely for layouts. I LOVE how this turned out! I found some coordinating inks to go with the papers I used and stamped two different stamps. I started by just doing the left page, but decided to complete the circle on the right side of the left page on the right hand page to pull the two pages together. I then used the smooshing technique to add some grey and pink Distress Oxide ink. Once all of that was dry, I added the photos and patterned papers. I didn't add much for papers since the stamping had already added quite a bit of interest. I found an old transparency journaling spot for my journaling. For the title, I cut the words "Flower Girl" using my Cricut. I pressed it into Versamark and heat embossed it with silver powder twice for shine and dimension. I embellished the layout with some stickers, washi tape, flowers, and a little flair heart.


 Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Jessica! I love how you used it to jump start your double page layout! Very pretty layout too! Thank you for playing along with us this month at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Stick It Down! I know you'll be grateful you have preserved these special memories in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiful! Love that you created a double page using our single page sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you turned the sketch into a double pager. Your mixed media work is very lovely. Thanks for joining us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete