Friday, January 1, 2016

January Calendar Page

Happy New Year! I have my January layout completed. Now for Amazon to come through and deliver my calendar...

I was once again inspired by the sketch at Stick it Down:


I pulled out the leftovers of the May 2014 Scrapbook Circle kit. I had picked up a couple sheets of Amy Tangerine Plus One, so I used those to fill in the gaps.  I

To make my title stand out, I spread some gesso over the patterned papers and then used the packaging technique to add some Distress Stain in Twisted Citron. I cut the title using my Cricut and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. The banner on the right end of my title is a cut apart piece from the Cosmo Cricket Just Add Watercolor pad I bought a while back. I painted it using gelatos and a water brush. I piece of pleated ribbon trim draws the eye to the title.

I made couple of embellishment clusters around the page using some of the Heidi Swapp transparencies and die cuts from the kit.

I'm never really sure how to use paper clips, but this gold one seemed to work to draw attention to my cluster and picture and to bring some gold to that part of my layout.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- American Crafts, Echo Park
Specialty Paper- Cosmo Cricket
Gelatos- Faber Castell
Ink- Ranger, We R Memory Keepers, Tsukeniko
Gesso, Liquitex
Die Cuts and transparencies- Heidi Swapp
Pen- marvy
Stickers- American Crafts
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Font- LillyBelle
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts
Ribbon- Pink Paislee
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Software- Craft Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment