Monday, January 11, 2016

A couple of quick cards...

Hi all! I have a couple of quick cards I put together this past week to share today.

First up is a thank you card. I pulled some coordinating scraps from my "card kit" and fit them together. I used a border punch on the bottom piece and my Cricut to cut out the sentiment. The sentiment blended in a bit too well with the background, so I ran my Mermaid Lagoon Distress Stain across the background paper a couple of times. I used tiny letter stamps for the rest of the sentiment on the banner.


Next up is a birthday card.  I still had the papers on my desk from this layout, so I pulled them together to create this card. Again, I layered up scraps and fit them together. I cut the "Happy" with my Cricut and stamped and heat embossed "birthday."  After I had cut "Happy, I decided it needed a little something to make it stand out more from the background, so I covered it in Versamark ink and iridescent glitter embossing powder and heated it. I attached it to the card with foam adhesive. A transparent die cut butterfly and Stickles trail finished off the card.


1 comment:

  1. I love the butterfly and sparkly trail on the second card! I love the border on the first card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete