Monday, January 25, 2016

February Calendar Page- Stick It Down

Happy Monday! I have my calendar page ready to share with you today! I was once again inspired by the sketch at Stick It Down, which is borrowed from PageMaps:


I used some older Basic Grey paper I picked up a couple of months ago when my local scrapbook store was closing. I just love the colors and patterns! For the border across the middle of the page, I used some of the wood veneer pieces that came in the kit and dug into my stash for some flowers and chipboard hearts. 

This heart piece came from the pad of Cosmo Cricket Just Add Watercolor paper I bought a while back. I used some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and a teal Gelato. I hand wrote my journaling on strips of vellum.

I've had some Hambly rub ons for a long time with a creative theme, so I pulled those out and used a couple on this layout.

I was also inspired by the Paper Issues Pick 5 challenge. The challenge was to choose at least 5 items from this list:
1.   the color blue
2.   the color green         
3.   the color orange
4.   a snowman or snowflake
5.   die cut
6.   mist or paint
7.   alpha stickers
8.   flair badge or button
9.   a tree
10. a circle
11. sequins
12. title
13. cardstock
14. hand written journaling
15. twine or string

I used blue, orange, alpha stickers, title, cardstock, and hand written journaling.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Basic Grey
Stickers- Basic Grey, Simple Stories
Rub ons- Hambly Screen Prints
Wood veneer and enamel flowers- Basic Grey
Chipboard- Heidi Swapp
Specialty paper- Cosmo Cricket
Flowers- Prima, KaiserCraft
Buttons- Oriental Trading Company, Hero Arts
Pen- Marvy
Ink- Ranger
Gelato- Faber Castell
Vellum- Strathmore
Tape- Pink Fresh Studios

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the banner going accross so much fun and great colors. I also love that heart. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you did the border through the center of the pages. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart and the vellum journaling. Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow fantastic layout and a fantastic take on the sketch :) Love the border you created and what fun journaling on the strips :) Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Love your handwriting on the vellum, looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful double page spread! I love those colors and I'm so sad that there will be no new Basic Grey! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete