Sunday, January 31, 2016

Livin' the Good Life- Paper Issues

Hi all! I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was pretty laid back, so I got two layouts done! I shared the first one yesterday and I am back today with another!

I was inspired by a scraplift challenge on the Paper Issues (Friends and Family) Facebook page. The challenge was to be inspired by this layout by  Janet Grzanka-Dlugokenski


I really liked the simplicity of the layout.  While I didn't have a big photo to scrap, I had a large photo collage waiting to be put on a page. I liked how the inspiration piece has a patterned paper frame, but didn't want to use an entire piece of paper for just a tiny bit to show, so I cut strips of 4 different papers and attached them to the back of an 11"x11" piece of cardstock. 


 I cut the green tag with my Cricut and dry embossed it before sanding it. I used the same paper as the base of my title die cut. I used pieces of the other papers to cut the letters. I pulled some assorted die cuts from an old case of K and Company die cuts and scattered them near my title and journaling. I felt that the top right corner needed something, so I punched the flowers and added a photo corner.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, Core'dinations
Patterned Paper- American Crafts, October Afternoon, other
Transparencies- Hambly Screen Prints, Die Cuts With a View
Brads- October Afternoon, Echo Park
Enamel Dots- October Afternoon
Pen- Sharpie, Stampin Up
Stickers- October Afternoon
Die Cuts- K and Co., Basic Grey
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 and Live Simply
Glossy Accents- Ranger
Punch- Tonic

No comments:

Post a Comment