Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Having a Blast

Hello! I am back today with a layout! It has been a while since I have been able to work on one of these, and this one came together very quickly! I started by spreading some gesso over my background cardstock. I used a mask and yellow gelato to add some wood grain to it (this ended up being covered up by other elements, but you can still see a bit of the yellow. I also used the packaging technique and some Distress Stain to add the reddish color. The title was cut from a sheet of My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I roughed up the edges of all of my patterned paper before attaching it. 

I used a variety of embellishments on my page to finish it off. To color the wood veneer pieces, I used some Distress Stains and a Gelato and water to coordinate them with my papers.

There you have it, no challenges for this one. My favorite place for challenges, My Scraps and More is shutting down, so if you know of other places that have fun challenges, let me know, I'm looking for some new inspiration!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye, Simple Stories
Button- Bo Bunny Press
Flair- October Afternoon
Stickers- Fiskars
Journal Spot- Maya Road
Enamel Dots and Rub ons- Basic Grey
Tape- Pink Fresh Studios
Gesso- Liquitex
Ink and Mask- Ranger
Gelato- Faber Castell
Twine- Pink Paislee
Wood Veneer and Punch- American Crafts
Pen- Sharpie

No comments:

Post a Comment