Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Cards for Teachers

Hello all! I am back today with a bunch of cards I made for my kids' teachers! I just pulled out a bunch of my winter/Christmas supplies and let them inspire me. The Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog has a Winter Wonderland challenge going on now, which pretty much all of these cards fit!

For my first card, I stamped some snowflakes on my white card and then dry embossed it. The snowman was fussy cut from some patterned paper and attached with foam adhesive. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and attached that and the strips across the bottom.  I felt it still needed a bit more, so I used some Liquid Pearls to add the blue dots to the background.

I was inspired by the tree stamp for this card.  I stated by ripping some hills using gray cardstock. I then stamped and colored my trees. I used an ink blending tool for the sky. I then stamped and colored the stars. I finished the card of with a stamped and embossed sentiment on vellum.

This was a super quick card to put together. I cut out the background paper, used my Cricut for the sentiment panel, stamped the sentiment and attached the ribbon and sentiment.

I wanted to play with some new inks I had bought recently, so I started by choosing three colors and stamping the snowflakes on the background. I stamped the snowmen and sentiment on some vellum. I colored the snowmen and heat embossed the sentiment before attaching them.  I decided the card needed more, so I found some coordinating patterned papers and used an edge punch to create the scallops.

I started this card my stamping and heat embossing the snowflakes. Then I took a few colors of Distress Ink and made the blue background. It is hard to see here, but I then sprayed the background with pearl Glimmer Mist. The boy and sled were cut using my Cricut. I finished of the card with a banner with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment.

This was another quick card. I stamped the red and green ornaments with colored inks and the gold and silver ornaments were heat embossed. I used platinum Stickles for the "strings" and finished off the card with some white sequins.

I used three colors of ink for this one and created an ombre effect with the snowflakes. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on vellum. The snowflake was cut using my Cricut and finished off with some sequins.

I stamped and heat embossed the diamond background on water color paper. I sprayed the paper with water and then splat some Abandoned Coral Distress Stain on the background. The elf and sentiment panel were cut with my Cricut. Some tape and ribbon finished off the card.

1 comment:

  1. All these holiday cards are so beautiful! Great design. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete