Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A2 Card Set and Box Cut with Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2

Hello all! I have a card set to share today that I made as a Christmas gift. I also wanted to share that I found a way to make a box for the cards (A2 size) using my Cricut and "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2".  I used the candy box cut and cut it at 7.5 inches.  The cut was just under 15 inches wide at this height, so I ended up using a 11"x15" piece of watercolor paper. The box had plenty of room after I put my 6 cards and envelopes in it, you could easily get a dozen or more in there or make it smaller for fewer cards. Since the box was cut from watercolor paper, I used my water brush and gelatos to decorate it.

Now for the cards! The fun detail about these cards is that they all feature artwork by my youngest son. A couple of weeks ago, I gave him a sheet of watercolor paper and some watercolors and had him paint for me. I took his finished piece and cut it into panels to go on my cards.

This was a small extra strip. I used some purple patterned paper for the background and then took a couple of strips that I pleated to make a ruffle across the bottom of the card. I stamped and embossed the sentiment and decorations on the top. I used some Liquid Pearls to finish off the card.


For the next card, I used my Stamping Gear and a coordinating pigment ink and stamped the circle and then heat embossed it with iridescent glitter powder. A punched border and stamped sentiment finish off the card.

I again used the same stamping and heat embossing technique for the hearts on this card. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on coordinating cardstock and hand cut the banner. I decided the circles needed a little something more and so I stamped and heat embossed the roses with silver embossing powder.

For the next card, I used my Stamping Gear, but didn't heat emboss it. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with silver powder. I decided the card needed a bit more, so I used Platinum Stickles to add some drops around the card.

This was also a smaller piece of the painting. I used a larger piece of patterned paper and fussy cut a flower from another part of the paper and used foam adhesive to give it some dimension. Some iridescent ribbon and stamped and heat embossed sentiment finished off the card.

I used Versamark and heat embossed my stamped design on this card, I finished it off with a punched circle, stamped sentiment and some string.


No comments:

Post a Comment