Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Where are..." and some organization

I completed a layout today using a sketch from a new site: "Sketches With a Twist." As soon as I saw this sketch I knew I could use it. Six photos on one page?! Awesome! The twist was that you had to use at least 2 fonts in your title. For mine, I used my Cricut for "Where" and some rubons for "are". This page is actually a "hybrid" page. The journaling spots I used are a digital element that I adjusted the size and color of and then printed out. I rotated the sketch to accommodate my horizontal photos.


This layout also qualifies for the current challenge at Scrap Your CRAP, a challenge blog devoted to helping scrappers use up the supplies they already have. The challenge for this month was to use buttons, which I have plenty of!

This past weekend, we bought a new shelf to house and organize the kids' toys in our living room. It is one of those with the square shelves and then baskets on each shelf, which hide the toys. This is a good and a bad thing. It hides the clutter, but it also makes it hard for the kids to know what is in each one. So I made tags to label each basket. Since my children are not reading yet, I used my Cricut to cut out pictures to give them a general idea of what is in each basket. I also wrote one word titles on the tags to promote future reading. I covered all of the tags with clear contact paper to make them more durable. Here are the tags:

Here is the shelf with the tags attached:

Rick and I are both VERY excited about this shelf and how much neater our living room feels. I also think that the kids like and are using the tags. Even Will knows that they stand for something. I asked him the other night where his animals were and he walked over the the shelf and pulled out the correct basket!

9 comments:

  1. Jessica, this layout is sooo cute!! that baby is just bringing the biggest smile to my face, I love your use of buttons and the circles, great job with the sketch, thanks so much for playing along with us at SWAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fun and whimsical feel of your LO! great use of the buttons! thanks for playing with us at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable layout! I love all the buttons! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! Love the tags and circle cut outs! (Love the shelf tags as well! Smart!!). Thanks for playing with us at SYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, I just love your layout. The photos of your daughter are awesome, and the doily circles and buttons work so well in that corner. Thanks a lot for visiting and playing along with us at Sketches With a Twist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable layout, Jessica. Those photos are SOOO cute. Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining ud at Sketches With A Twist :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is as precious as can be, Jessica! I love that you documented this milestone. Cute layout- thanks for playing along this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is so cute! adorable little faces!! a great take on the sketch.. thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete