Monday, January 9, 2012

30 Days of Hands on Play Challenge: Day 4 and 5

On Friday we did Day 4 of our challenge, which was: play with blocks. Ellie had a dr. appointment that afternoon that my husband brought her to, so I did this activity with the younger two. We pulled out our big tub of Legos and started building.

Addy wanted a "house" and after I finished building mine, she asked for help with hers. Will did a good job of just sticking blocks to the platform. He also likes to build towers so I helped him with that.

Addy eventually wanted a tower too and built one with just a little help from me.

We all had fun with this one and Ellie has started asking what our "activity" is for the day each morning.

Last night we did Day 5 of our challenge: play as a family. We all gathered around the table and played with Barbie dolls. Rick got to be "Ken" and things got a little crazy, but the girls loved it. I didn't take any pictures because the activity broke out spontaneously and I didn't want to stop to go get the camera. We had a lot of fun and I know the kids (the girls especially) are looking forward to the next activity.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great idea. And I love the idea of family Barbie time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family time :) So glad your girls are enjoy this - my kids are having a ton of fun too :)

    ReplyDelete