Saturday, May 7, 2011

May Blade Masters Challenge!

Happy May! It looks like spring has finally arrived! I don't know about where you live, but I know here we got lots of April showers! And we all know April showers bring May flowers! So my Blade Masters challenge at Challenge Masters this month is to use your cutting tools to make a dimensional flower. There are lots of options for this one, the flowers I made for my layout are just one example.



For my each of my flowers I cut 3 scalloped circles in 1/4" diameter increments using the Storybook cartridge and my Cricut. I then crumpled up the scalloped circles, uncrumpled them, inked the creases and edges and then sprayed them with turquoise Perfect Pearls Mist. I used glue dots to stick them together and to the page. Here is a closer look at the flowers:



You can use punches to make your flowers, or even scissors! You can curl your flowers, crumple them, or just leave them flat and use foam adhesive to lift a layer of the page. Get creative and have fun!

By the way, I used two page sketch #5 from Sketch Support for this layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment