Friday, November 5, 2021

Birthday Cards with Trapped Inking Technique

Hello again! Today I have a couple of cards that I made after watching this video by Jennifer McGuire (if you are ever looking for inspiration, she does some awesome videos!).

I have a similar stamp to one she used in her video, so I decided to use it for the same technique. I used a rainbow of Distress Oxide colors to stamp my stars and then heat embossed the stars with clear powder. I then inked over the whole background with a couple of colors of blue Distress Inks. I then turned them into a couple of different cards.

First up was a card for my daughter's 13th birthday. I used my Cricut to cut the sunglasses and numbers. It is hard to see in the photo, but I heat embossed the sunglasses with clear powder to make them shiny. To finish off the card, I used some glitter cardstock and cut a border from a scrap of specialty paper. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of cardstock and cut it into a flag before attaching it to the front of the card.


I actually made two of this next design. I used my Cricut again to cut the unicorn from glitter cardstock and to write and cut the sentiment. I have been enjoying used the writing function of my Cricut to make personalized greetings for my cards. I attached the unicorn with foam tape and that was all this card needed!
Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment