Monday, December 7, 2020

Happy Birthday card

 Hello! I have a new card to share. I made this card for my oldest daughter who turned 14 this past weekend. I was inspired by the current card sketch at Stick It Down:


I started by making the wreath with my stamping gear and a flower stamp. The dance shoe stamp I wanted to use was too big to put in a corner of the wreath, so I moved it to the middle. I stamped the image on vellum and heat embossed it with silver powder. I then found some cardstock that matched my ink. I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment and then cut it into a little banner. To attach the vellum, I added adhesive behind the banner. I then added the Nuvo drop flower centers. Once they were dry, I took liquid glue and added dots of it on the backside of the vellum behind the Nuvo drops and pressed down the vellum. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my card!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the embossing you have done, and the vellum, gives your card such a pretty soft feel. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, love the slippers hanging from the wreath and use of the vellum to soften the colors! Thanks for joining us this month at Stick It Down!
    Monica- Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant. I love the vellum overlay. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down blog.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, this card is so beautiful and creative! Love the stamping wreath so much! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down this month. Maya, card DT

    ReplyDelete