Thursday, December 24, 2020

Happy 3rd Birthday Layout

Hello again! I have a new layout to share. I ended up doing this layout because I was tired of looking at the stack of cards on my desk! Ha, how's that for inspiration? 

I knew when I started this layout, I wanted to include the cards on it. Since there are a lot of cards, I decided to make a pocket on each page to hold them. Since my son was really into animals at the time ( he requested a lion eating a zebra on his cake), I found a zebra cut file and cut that from a black piece of cardstock. I then cu it in half to make a pocket on each page. To cover the cut edge, I layered a piece of patterned paper across the top. Originally, I was just going to have the zebra paper be the pocket, but I noticed the stripes were a little flimsy, so I decided to back it with an animal print transparency. I love the bit of shine it adds and you can still see the cards through it! I sewed around the pocket to securely attached it to the page. I adhered most of my photos to the front of the pocket and the one of my son  with his cake on the top half of the page. I used my Cricut to cut the title. I found a couple of journaling spots that went with my color scheme to tell two parts of the story. I finished embellishing the page with stickers. 


 I entered this in the Paper Issues "Light the Candle" challenge and the Lasting Memories "Anything Goes" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Really wonderful 2-pager with all these fun birthday photos! Love the different tags! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,love the pocket idea for the cards, , its a great way to hold everything together. A beautiful double layout. Thanks for joining in this month at Lasting Memories. Design Team Member Maureen

    ReplyDelete