Monday, April 30, 2012

Nuts About Sketches #211

This morning was the reveal for the newest Nuts About Sketches sketch. This is the first time I really struggled with a layout for these sketches, but I think it may have more to do with my fatigue in working with these particular Halloween papers and wanting to make embellishments that fit the theme. Don't get me wrong, there are some really cool patterns in this collection, but I think I just may be ready to move on to something different. Lesson learned, don't buy a whole collection of themed paper...
I used photos of Ellie from Halloween 2010.  The papers and embellishments are from several different collections.  The pumpkin and crow are stamped images that I heat embossed, fussy cut and adhered with foam adhesive to give them some dimension.  The circle around Ellie is a combination of brads and gems.
Supplies:
 Patterned Paper- Basic Grey
Stickers- Basic Grey and Pink Paislee
Journaling Spot- Pink Paislee
Stamps- Cosmo Cricket, Autumn Leaves
Ink- Tsukeniko, Clearsnap
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts
Brads- Making Memories, Oriental Trading Company
Gems- Hero Arts
Gromlets- We R Memory Keepers

No comments:

Post a Comment