Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday- S:CY and CWC

Today is my mom's birthday and I made a card a couple of days ago for her. I used the current card sketch at Sketches: Creatively Yours. I made this card using all small scraps! I adhered the strips directly to the card front after I edged them with gold ink. I dry embossed the whole front of the card(I am really enjoying that technique right now) and then ran my gold ink pad over it to add some highlighting.

I also used the current challenge at Cooking With Cricut which was "Bling, Bling, and More Bling"- right up my alley! As I said above, I used gold ink, two of the papers I used have gold on them, I did some heat embossing, used some Stickles and some gems. I used the Storybook cartridge for the flower.

13 comments:

  1. OH-SO-PRETTY!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful job and loved reading abt how u did it! Thanks for the shout out to S: CY as well!~ Come back soon and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! The gold really stands out and the flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at S:CY! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. Love the patterned paper you used. That gold is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the different patterns that you used. And that touch of gold is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at S:CY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good! very elegant, beautiful cards and the use of gold!
    Bravissima! molto elegante, belle le carte e l'uso dell'oro!
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love those scraps! Your card is super cute! Thanks for joining us a S:CY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at S:CY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love the paper you chose!! Looks awesome. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWC DT Funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty sparkly card, well done! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Cooking with Cricut!
    Hugs!
    Heather P
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful papers. Love the sketch you used. Thanks for joining us this week with Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty. I love the soft colors and subtle print. Thanks for sharing at CWC.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love the techniques you used. Thanks so much for linking up this week with at Cooking With Cricut!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete