Thursday, April 5, 2012

Game Day

I participated in a round of Chinese Whispers (aka Layout Tag) last month. I always enjoy doing this because I like to pull inspiration from other people's work. My layout is below, if you would like to see the whole string of layouts, you can check them out here (there was a lot of change from the original sketch in this round!).


I've had these photos sitting around for a while because I didn't know how to lay them out on a page, but when I looked at my inspiration layout, it just clicked!I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try out the hexagon trend, especially since many of the game we play have hexagon shaped spaces so it went with the theme! I used the included shapes from "Sure Cuts A Lot" to make the hexagons. I bought a pack of letters on puzzle pieces a few years ago and I think I have used them once, so I decided to use those on the layout. However, they were light pink, so I painted them with dark brown paint to make them work with the colors of the layout (and somehow ended up with brown paint all over my shirt- ack!).

No comments:

Post a Comment