Sunday, July 21, 2024

A Day at the Zoo- Lasting Memories

Hello! I have my Week 3 layout to share today for Lasting Memories! This week's challenge was to use something for each of the letters in SUMMER- sequins, upper case letters, Mica Stain, mask, enamel dots, rub ons.

I found this collection kit at a scrappy garage sale recently and wanted to use it. I love the colors and patterns! I started with the pink background paper and found the ready made strip for across the bottom. I decided to use a similarly colored Mica stain and a mask to add some subtle leaves to the background. I also used some stamps and Distress Oxide inks to add a bit more texture, but those ended up mostly being covered by embellishments. I then layered my papers and photos on. For my title, I used some chipboard letters. They were patterned, but the colors didn't match the rest of my project, so I covered them in patterned paper to match the rest of my page. I used rub on letters for the smaller words. I also used some rub ons for the embellishment cluster on the right side of the page. I wrote my journaling on a premade journaling piece and added that on the left. To finish things off, I added a canvas flair piece, homemade enamel dots (made from perler beads), and sequins.

 I used the April sketch from the Creative Scrapbooker group on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment