Saturday, July 6, 2024

Alcohol Ink cards

Hello, I have some new cards to share today! For this set of cards, I started with a 5x7 sheet of Yupo paper. I used alcohol inks to color it. Then I used a large background stamp and Alcohol Ink Lift Off ink and lifted some color off of the paper. 

I trimmed down the sheet to 5 1/4 x4 for my first card. I didn't want to cover much of the design, so I cut a sentiment with my Cricut and added that to my card. Then I punch a couple of flowers to add to the card front. I finished it off with some silver Nuvo drops as flower centers and accents on the design.


I took the ink that I had lifted and stamped it onto a piece of light purple cardstock. I blended blue, pink, and purple Distress Inks over the design to add some depth. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. For the butterflies, I stamped and fussy cut them before adding them to the card. For some added interest on the background, I splattered some shimmer mist to react with the inks. I finished the card off with some Liquid Pearls. I matted the card front on a darker purple to add a frame.


For my last card, I used a background stamp and Distress Oxide ink on dark purple cardstock. I used the scraps from trimming down the first card front on the bottom half of this card. I cut the cupcake with my Cricut using coodinating papers. To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment and used a puffy flower sticker to cover where one of my cuts got too close to a previous cut.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment