Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Paper Issues Crop Layouts

Buckle up, I have a bunch of layouts to share today! These are the layouts I completed over the weekend for the Paper Issues Spa Crop. I am so excited that I was able to complete so many layouts!

First up is the layout I completed for the Seaweed Wrap challenge. The challenge was to make a monochromatic green layout. I also based my layout on this sketch from Sketches in Thyme.

I started by pulling out all the green papers I could find. I then decided to create a background. I pulled out a piece of light green cardstock and a polka dot mask. I blended Crushed Olive and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide inks over my mask. I then layered my papers and photo on top. I found some cute tags with saying in my stash so I used those, along with some wood veneer stars, gem stars, and Cricut die cuts to embellish my page. A few stickers and handwritten journaling finished off this layout. 


 Next up was the Highlights challenge, which was to use one color of ink, watercolor, etc. on a white background. I had a lot of fun smooshing orange inks onto my background. Once it was dry, I layered patterned papers on top, along with my photos. To embellish the page, I used some stickers, chipboard, and brads. I cut my title with the Cricut. I cut it three times and layered it up for some dimension. That was a labor of love with this title since each letter is individual, but the outcome isgreat! I finished off the layout with a few Dirty Bronze Nuvo Drops scattered around the page. 

I made this cute layout for the Manicure challenge, which was a this or that challenge. I also based my layout off of this PageMaps sketch that was a challenge at Lasting Memories last month. I cut the patterned papers and laid them out with the photos. I chose to use stamps on the layout, so some swirls and snowflakes to add interest to the background. Once my papers and photos were adhered, I cut the title with my Cricut. I went with a large title. I cut this word three times from white cardstock and layered it for dimension. For added interest, I covered it in Stickles and Glossy Accents to give it a candy appearance. I finished off the layout with some pink ink splatters and puffy stickers. 


I did this layout for the Massage challenge, which was to use felt or fabric on your layout. I used some sparkle ribbon. I pulled out a rainbow of colors and decided to make a rainbow for this Rainbow Loom page. The patterned paper was leftover from another layout and I wanted to use it as a whole piece and decided it would work perfectly for this. I continued the rainbow theme with my title. I cut it with my Cricut from black and white cardstock. I ink blended a rainbow on the white cardstock. I embellished the page with stickers, puffy stickers and sequins.

This layout was for the Pedicure challenge: use 10 tiny photos or 10 small embellishments. This layout has 12 photos, but 10 are smaller. In case that wasn't good enough, I used 10 gold stars to embellish the layout. I did some ink splattering with gold and then ink blended red through a star mask in the title area and one either side of the large photo on the right page. To add interest to the photo on the left page, I cut a wreath with my Cricut and colored the berries with a red sparkle pen instead of trying to attach tiny cut berries. I also cut the title with my Cricut. 

This layout started out to be for the Highlights challenge, but I forgot the detail about only using one color on the background and I used 3. I used a brush and streaked metallic watercolors across the background and added a few splatters. I cut the leaves from glitter cardstock. I layered the photos and some patterned paper over the top. I used a preprinted piece of paper and letter stickers to make my title. I embellished the page with printed chipboard and brads. I finished off the layout with some twine for the Up Do challenge.

The next layout came together pretty quick for the Facial challenge. This challenge was about using a photo of yourself. I used a photo from our 10th anniversary party to go with the cards we received. I made three pockets on the page to hold the cards. I used washi tape around the edge of the pockets to give th page a finished look. I cut the title and embellishment words with my Cricut. I finished this one off with light pick Nuvo Drops. 


I have a set of die cut felt that I pulled out for a second go round with the Massage challenge. I started by smooshing pink inks on my background. I found some green and pink papers to go with the cake in the photos. I found the word "Birthday" in my stash of words that were already cut and it matched my layout, so I just cut the word "Party" with my Cricut from holographic paper. I punched a few stars from the same paper to bring it around the page. I cut some of the words from text patterned paper. I finished of this layout with some sequins for a little more sparkle.


Whew! There they all are! Thanks for checking out my layouts! Now I'm off the edit some photos to print since I scrapped most of the ones I had printed!

No comments:

Post a Comment