Monday, March 7, 2022

Christmas is in the Air

Hello! I spent a few days this past week editing photos to be printed since I got so many scrapped last weekend. I did have time to get a layout done too! I was inspired by the current sketch by Rochelle Spears for my left hand page:

I was also inspired by the tic tac toe board from Scrap with Stacy:


For the sketch, I decided to cut a wreath with my Cricut for the circles. I left it the cream color, allowing the patterned papers and photos to take center stage on this layout. I stretched my patterned papers across both pages to tie them together and matted the group shots on each page to make them stand out. For the title, I again used my Cricut. I wanted the word Christmas to be a different color than the other words, but I couldn't divide the cut file to have them cut on different mats, so I cut my red down to size and put my gold right up against it. The red was a little too big and the tops of the letters of the bottom words ended up being cut from the red. I decided to go with the two tone letters and put in the effort to get the pieces lined up. I hand wrote my journaling on strips. I embellished the page with a fussy cut ornament, a flair button, a canvas deer, a brad and gold stars. For the tic tac toe challenge I did the bottom left to top right diagonal- long title; cirlces- the wreath, brad, and badge; and word strips for my journaling.



 Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment