Monday, May 3, 2021

Paper Issues Crop Layouts

Hi all! I thought I would share the other three layouts I created this weekend during Paper Issues iNSD crop! 

The first sketch I used was this one:


 One of the ladies on the design team did a live using this sketch and she started with a stencil and some inking. I decided to do the same. I started with a mini stars stencil and some Distress Ink. I then used a "pebble" stencil and clear Glitter Glaze over the same areas. I used a few small pieces of patterned paper. I used up an old set of glue rub ons (the bird, the bug and the phrase under the photos). The rest of my embellishments are stickers, enamel hearts and flair. I'm really loving the colors of this one!

Next up is this sketch:


I did some more mixed media for this layout. I started by scraping white gesso over a polka dot mask. Once that was dry, I used the smooshing technique and Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio Distress Stains. The gesso resists the Distress Stains a bit for a fun effect. I found some patterned paper that matched my daughter's first day outfit perfectly and worked from there on papers. I used my Cricut for the title. For the journaling, I used a scalloped circle punch and an arrow stamp. I fussy cut the arrows before adding the date and attaching them to my layout. The purple strips are the top strip from the paper pad that I got the rest of the papers from. I finished off the layout with buttons, rub-ons and sequins.

The last sketch I used was this one:

I loved the rainbow on the sketch, so I created a more subdued version with the papers from this  collection. For the title, I used a pre-designed phrase that said "Livin' the Good Life" and cut the "Good" part off. I then used punched out letters to make the word "Farm" instead. To make it stand out a little more, I matted it on the pink paper and outlined the letters with a navy gel pen. I attached the title and realized I wanted it closer to my photos. However, I had attached the word "Farm" with foam tape and that wasn't moving. To fill in the space, I pulled out a piece of pink ribbon and added a few navy eyelets under the title. I used some wood veneer for embellishing (using up another package- yay!) along with stickers from the collection. I decided a couple of the clusters needed a bit more interest behind them, so I pulled out my stamps. I knew I had a dark blue ink that would match, but I pulled out the swatchbook I made of my ink and found I had a green that worked as well, which allowed me to layer the stamping a bit. Making a swatchbook of my inks is one of the best things I have done to make me use them more! It is so much easier to find good matches to patterned paper! I also stamped on the wood veneer butterfly with the same stamp. To finish off the layout, I used some pink Liquid Pearls. 
Thanks for stopping by to check out my layouts! I'm hoping the mojo will carry on and I can get some more layouts done in the week ahead (after I make a few cards!).

No comments:

Post a Comment