Friday, May 7, 2021

Happy Birthday to You

Hi all! I'm back with another card. I was inspired by this sketch from Stick It Down:



As I was getting ready to post this, I realized that the sketch was actually the single scrapbook page sketch. 🙈 Oops! Anyway, I used it for a card. I used my Cricut to cut the boy playing piano and the music notes. I heat embossed the music notes to make them stand out a little more. To make the diagonal in the background a little more subtle, I used a transparency. To finish off the card front, I stamped and fussy cut the sentiment strips. 

 Thanks for checking out my card!

5 comments:

  1. So thrilled you got inspiration from the single page sketch! Very detailed way to use die cuts! Thanks for sharing ~Sherry DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch! I love the die cuts, and vellum sentiments....your colors are spot on as well. :) Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great take on the scrapbook page sketch for the card.
    Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down this month. Maya, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used a scrapbook layout for a card, turned out wonderfully! Thanks for joining us for Stick it down Sketch!
    Monica- Card DT https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete