Thursday, May 6, 2021

Mother's Day Cards

Hello all! I'm back with the cards I made for Mother's Day for my mom, mother-in-law and grandmas. I started with the inspiration image from The Card Concept:


Isn't the deep blue beautiful? I am such a sucker for that color of blue! I created these mixed media cards, starting with my alcohol inks and glossy cardstock. I inked up the paper with blue, a bit of purple and pearl mixative alcohol inks. Once they were dry, I used Alchol Lift Ink and a background stamp to lift some of the color off the background and stamp it onto a piece of regular white cardstock. Then I went to work on the flowers. I cut a bunch of the flower pieces using my Cricut thinking I would use two hydrangeas, two roses and three daffodils on each card. Once I grouped them together, I realized I didn't need that many! I went with this scaled back version. Once I had a group laid out the way I wanted it, I used a piece of Press and Seal and pressed it onto the flowers to pick them up and flip them over. I then put dots of glue on the back of my flowers and then attached them to the card front. To finish the cards, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of vellum that I attached to the card. Then a couple of silver Nuvo drops on either side of the sentiment were the final touch. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful backgrounds- I can definitely see how you were inspired! I love the bouquet (and isn't Press and Seal wonderful for these types of cards?!) Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete