Saturday, August 22, 2020

First Bites- Paper Issues Sketch and The Joy of Sets

Hello! Paper Issues hosted a crop last weekend with challenges open until tomorrow so I have been busy scrapping. My first layout was for the "Hopscotch" Challenge where we were to use this sketch: 

Image may contain: text that says 'TITLE HERE JOURNAL JOURNAL JOURNAL Paper Issues Sketch'

I was also inspired by the August grid from The Joy of Sets:

I stuck pretty close to the sketch, but moved the title up on the page since my top patterned paper was monochomatic and allowed my title to stand out more. For the Joy of Sets grid, I embossed (the date on the tape is heat embossed), used a button, and the color blue. I used several random embellishments for this layout, but I felt they all worked with the story. The bottle and black button stickers were the last ones from a sheet, which is always exciting. :)
 Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout. I will be sharing more of my layouts in the days to come!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your layout and such a fun page - great take on our grid- thanks for joining us at JOSTTT - hope to see you again next month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout and so glad that you were inspired to use some elements from the #JOSTTT020 challenge grid. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a gorgeous page and such happy memories for you to look back on. I love the way you've used the elements from this months #JOSTTT020 grid, thanks for playing along with us, hope to see you again next month

    ReplyDelete