Saturday, September 21, 2019

Cards

Hello! I have a couple of cards that I completed for challenges that have since ended. I've just not been very good at getting things posted lately!

First up is a sympathy card I made using the inspiration from Fusion from a few weeks ago:

I played around with Distress and Distress Oxide Inks for the background of this card. I pressed the ink pads onto a plastic surface and sprayed them with water. I then pressed my watercolor paper into the inks. I let the first layer dry and then did a second layer. Once that was dry, I took an ink blending tool and a darker brown ink and blended that around the edges of the card. I finished off the panel with some gold ink splatters. I took a piece of kraft cardstock and used Distress Oxide inks to stamp some leaves onto it. Finally, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment of yellow cardstock. I felt like that piece needed a bit more, so I took a white gel pan and made a frame around it.

Next up is the Sketch Saturday sketch from two weeks ago:

I recently got a new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and was eager to use it. I stamped the pig and then colored it in with colored pencils. I added Glossy Accents and Stickles for some shine. A piece of patterned paper, washi tape and mini brads finished off this card.


No comments:

Post a Comment