Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Birthday Party- Creative Scrappers #306

Hello all! I had some time to do a layout this week! I started with this sketch from Creative Scrappers:


I decided to go with bright colors to go with the bright background of the photos. Black cardstock made it all stand out. I fussy cut the two frames from a sheet of patterned paper, as well as the circle with the heart and the circle with the flower. I used my Cricut to cut the big star. I pulled some stickers and chipboard to embellish the page. I decided the page needed a little something yet and used my sewing machine to add a white frame to finish of the page.

I was also inspired by the new Add It Up challenge at Paper Issues. The challenge was to use the points on the chart below and create a layout that totaled more than 100 points. I had 4 photos for 20 points, 1 sheet of cardstock for 5 points, 3 sheets of patterned paper for 15 points, 1 cut file for 5 points, 2 inks for 10 points, 2 different alpha stickers for 10 points, 1 tag (3), journaling (5), 4 chipboard pieces (12), 2 stickers (4), the date (1), 5 enamel dots (5), stitching (10), and stamping (10) for a total of 125 points.


Materials:
Cardstock, stamp- American Crafts
Patterned paper, die cuts, enamel dots- Simple Stories
Chipboard- Simple Stories, Project Life
Stickers- Simple Stories, Bo Bunny, Colorbok
Ink- EK Success, Heidi Swapp, Colorbox
Pnes- Sharpie, Signo Uniball
Thread- Coats and Clark
Cartridge- Doodlecharms

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete