Monday, April 27, 2015

May Calendar Page

Hello!  I just finished up my May calendar layout, with a few days to spare!  I was inspired by this awesome sketch from Stick it Down:

I didn't have any current collections that had the colors I was looking for, so I ended up pulling some OLD random sheets of paper from my stash. One of the papers that I found was from a small kit by Close to My Heart.  I ended up using a lot of embellishments from that kit too.  

I started by cutting and attaching my patterned paper. Then I added the ink splatters. After adding the photos and journaling, I played with embellishments.  The Close to My Heart kit has some pretty white resist chipboard pieces.  I used the circles from the set for this layout.  I colored them to match my papers with ink and then ran my Iced Chai Gelato around the edge and smudged the color a bit to give them a bit more definition and sparkle.

Materials:
Cardstock- Close to My Heart, Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Close to My Heart, Pink Paislee, Chatterbox
Stickers, chipboard, buttons, tag, brad- Close to My Heart
Ink- Tattered Angels, Tsukineko, Ranger, Clearsnap
Gelato- Faber Castell
Stamps- American Crafts, Stampin Up
Pen- Sharpie
Foam letters- Pink Paislee

6 comments:

  1. Lovely double page.. You selected beautiful papers to work with and I like how you added your journaling to the right side of the page.. Thank you for playing along with SID.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Jessica!! The colours are wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors for this 2 pager and I love your journaling. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 2 pager. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout. The colours are lovely and you picked great papers. I really like all your journaling. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great double pager! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ~Ashley W
    SID Card Team member

    ReplyDelete