Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cards!

 I have a few cards to share today that I made over the last week.

The first is a sympathy card.  I used this week's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch:

I used a set of layered stamps to make the flowers and butterflies. I stamped the sentiment on matching white cardstock and ran a light blue ink pad over the edges to give it a bit of definition.

Next up is a birthday card that was inspired by the card sketch at Stick it Down.

I used leftover banner die cuts from a Fancy Pants Collection kit.  To make the frame stand out from the background, I matted it with black cardstock. A stamped sentiment, some flower stickers and black pearls finished off the card.

My last card was not inspired by a sketch.  It is a First Communion card for my daughter.  I was inspired by the beautiful cross cut from the New Testament Cricut cartridge.  I sprayed the background panel with gold glimmer mist. I spread gold gelato on the cross and metallic icing gelato on the scrolls to add some shimmer.  It is pretty subtle, so you can't see it very well in the photo, unfortunately.

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are all great. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very pretty cards! Thanks for joining in at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. I'm sure your daughter will treasure the card you made her for her first communion. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards.. Love how you used the left over papers to create a card. Thank you for playing along with us over at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards! Wonderful takes on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. Great job with Sketches. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! I love the colors on the second one. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ~Ashley W
    SID Card Team member

    ReplyDelete