Saturday, February 28, 2015

March Calendar page- Stick it Down

Happy Saturday!  It is the last day of the month and here I am to share my calendar layout for the month of March.  I was inspired by this great sketch from Stick it Down:


To create my background, I started with two white sheets of cardstock.  I used the polka dot mask and some green spray ink for the right hand page.  I then took the mask and flipped it onto the left hand page and used a brayer to transfer the ink onto the paper. I like how it turned out and it is a good way to use all that ink that ends up on the mask! I cut up a couple of pieces of patterned paper and corrugated paper for the background pieces.  I typed up my journaling and printed it on coordinating cardstock and then cut it into strips. 

 I was also inspired by the 2/11 Word Wednesday challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to use the word "everyday" and the have a date on your layout.  Since most of the photos on this page are "everyday" type photos, I thought it worked pretty well as part of the title.  And, since this is a calendar page, there are lots of dates. :)

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Fancy Pants, October Afternoon
Stickers and flair- Fancy Pants
Buttons- My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants
Corrugated Paper- Fancy Pants
Pens- Sakura, Signo Uniball
Mask- The Crafters Workshop
Ink- October Afternoon
Font- CK Ali's Writing, Calibri
Software- Craft Edge

6 comments:

  1. Very fun page. Nnthanks formplaying along with us at stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout. I'm envious of your inking talents. I've learned from your blog. I really like the idea of your use of textured paper with the traditional flat prints. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute layout! Love the papers that you used! Also, I love how you made your backgrounds. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your take on the sketch! This is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done on your page and I like the title. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it down

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages! I really like how you used so many journaling strips. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ~Ashley W
    SID Card Team member

    ReplyDelete