Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy New Year (2011)

Hi! I have a new layout to share today.  Another two page spread with lots of photos, I have a feeling there will be more of these to come. The majority of the products on this page are from the Scrapbook Circle kit I received several months ago. I was also inspired by the 2/9 Mix It Up Monday challenge at My Scraps and More. The challenge was to use at least 5 different patterned papers, at least 3 photos, sequins, and journal in a shape other than a square.

I made a layout about the New Year's party we had 4 years ago. I was fun to work with these photos and remember these kids so little.  The babies in these pictures are 4 years old now!

I liked how the aqua paper looked like sparkles, which I felt was appropriate for New Years.  I used lots of colors on this one.  For the background, I sprayed some turquoise Perfect Pearls mist on  black cardstock.  I LOVE how well the color showed up on the black! 

For the title, I used my Cricut and the Classic Cricut Font cartridge. I added lots of sequins to the area to highlight it. I fussy cut the bracket shape from a 3x4 card (the same card that the word "today" came from) for my journaling. I layered some transparency shapes down the side of the layout.

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Echo Park, Bela Blvd., Heidi Swapp, American Crafts
Bows- Crate Paper
Tape- K and Co. Bella Blvd.
Stamp- 7 Gypsies
Transparencies- Heidi Swapp
Stickers- Fancy Pants, American Crafts
Pen- Zig
Cartridge- Cricut Classic Font
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Photo Corner- Webster's Pages
Rub On- American Crafts
Mist- Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment