Saturday, May 3, 2014

Scrapping Everyday Miracles May Challenge

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!  Can you believe it is May already?! I wish the weather here would catch up, but the cool weather gives me an excuse to stay inside and scrap!

Thursday was May 1st, and a new set of challenges was revealed at Scrapping Everyday Miracles

 Challenge  #1: The Theme Challenge
May's theme:  Renew - New - Rebirth
Scripture Inspiration: 

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."


Challenge #2:  The Layout Sketch
What would we do without all of the sketch inspiration at Pagemaps?  Here's another one of their great sketches to get you started!


Challenge #3:  The Card Sketch
Thanks again to the sketch inspiration from Pagemaps!

 

I worked with the card sketch again this month and made a birthday card for my nephew whose birthday is next week.  I had the idea of using tire tracks for one of the strips, so I took the wheels off of one of my sons' Duplo cars.  I rolled it over dark brown ink and then rolled in on my card.  I then used some washi tape and patterned paper to complete the strips.  To continue with the vehicle theme, I decided to make a truck for the inside.  I wanted to add some splatters to the front for interest and decided to go with "mud."  I used some brown acrylic paint.  I dropped a bit on the card.  I was hoping it would be thinner than is was, so once it was on the card, I had to improvise.  I took a pencil eraser and dipped it in the paint and made prints all over the front of the card.


I cut out the truck for the inside using the "Boys Will Be Boys Cricut cartridge.  I stamped the sentiment on the side of the truck.  I made the dirt by rubbing an ink pad across the paper.  I then dipped my finger in the wet paint on the front of the card and made some more "mud."

Head over to Scrapping Everyday Miracles and check out what the rest of the team made this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment