Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day is coming!

Hey! Did you know Sunday is Mother's Day?!  Well, I've finally finished the cards for my mom, mother-in-law and 2 grandmas.  Today I am sharing the first pair I made.  I was inspired by this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches:


I bought a definition stamp set last week at a garage sale, so I wanted to use that for my cards.  I chose the "gratitude" and "always" stamps.  I stamped it on pink and purple cardstock using coordinating ink.  I then lined up a mask and used the ink blending tool to make the scrolls.  I then stacked the two pieces and cut them at the same time so the angle would be the same so I could just line the pieces up.


I finished it off with a couple of pieces of patterned paper and a piece of embroidery floss.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the pink & purple! Very pretty cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards. I'm sure the moms will like them. Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

    ReplyDelete