Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cards!

I was busy last week making cards, so today I am going to share them with you!

My first card is four a new baby boy. I made this card quickly the afternoon I was going to give it, so I worked with some premade stuff and media that doesn't take long to dry. I stamped the background paper with b's because the baby's name starts with a b. I then took a coordinating piece of paper and border pinched both long ends. I topped that with some ribbon. To stamp on the ribbon, I used Staz On. I selected the cute elephant chipboard, attached it and a button, and it was done!

Next is a birthday card for my nephew who turned 3 last Thursday. He is really into sports so I decided to cut the little boy holding a football from my ” Playtime” cartridge. The design is based on last week's Sketch Saturday sketch.



Finally, I made a couple of Mother's Day cards with scraps from the Cosmo Cricket DeLovely collection.  For the first card I cut the sentiment with my Cricut.  I rubbed some Picked Raspberry Distress ink and Picket Fence Distress Stain over the background paper.  I cute the three roses using my Cricut as well.  After I attached them to the card, I covered them with Glossy Accents.

For this card I used my Stamping Gear for the design on the left.  I then found a circular sticker to fit in the middle.  I got rid of the stickies by rubbing the back with my "embossing buddy" (baby sock filled with cornstarch), and then popped it up using foam adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment