Sunday, April 14, 2024

Birthday Cards

Hello! I've gotten behind on sharing again! Today I have several birthday cards and tomorrow I'll have some First Communion cards.

First up is a birthday card from my 2-year-old niece. I started by doing the smooshing technique on a piece of watercolor paper.  Once I was done layering the colors, I used the butterfly Turnabout stamp from Concord and 9th to stamp the background. I used regular ink for the first three impressions and then used Versamark for the last and heat embossed it with pearl embossing powder. I stamped the large buterfly and a couple of small butterflies from the set and fussy cut them. I added some Stickles to the large butterfly for some interest and Liquid Pearls for the bodies of the small butterflies. The sentiment is the inside pieces from the cut for this card. I mounted it on dark purple cardstock and then on a white card base.

I had extra of the butterfly background, so I used that for this card. I paired it with the same dark purple cardstock, but this time I used an embossing folder to add some texture. I used some washi tape to cover the seam between the two papers. For the sentiment, I used my Cricut to cut the frame and flower. I stamed the sentiment. The butterfly was left over from another project and the colors matched so I added it to this card.

When I was doing the ink smooshing for the above cards, I had another piece of watercolor paper that I used as well. I took that and the card sketch from Stick It Down to create my next card.

I used a flower background stamp and three colors of ink to stamp this background. The blue stamped piece of cardstock was a scrap that worked with the colors on this card. I also had a piece of watercolor paper with similar colors on it and I used that for the cake and sentiment panel. The cake was stamped in pink and then heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with white. I added a pink mat to make it stand out a bit from the background. I finished off teh card with some bold pink puffy heart stickers.
I went with different colors for my last card. I started by stamping and heat embossing the circle background on pink cardstock. I then ink blended pink, orange and yellow inks over it. I cut the cute bird using my Cricut. I also used my Cricut to write the sentiment and cut the tag. To add some fun to the bird, I added some googly eyes. I finished off the card front with some sequins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment