Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Birthday Cards 1

Hello all! I have been busy the last few days making birthday cards for birthdays that are coming up in the next couple of weeks. I will share some today, and a few more tomorrow.

First up is a shaker card I made for my niece who will turn two next week. I wanted to make a cute shaker so I went on Cricut Design space and found this cupcake cut. I cut it and backed the dollop on top with some pink glitter paper and the wrapper with purple shimmer cardstock. For the background, I stamped the dot circle background on watercolor paper and heat embossed it with clear powder. I sprayed the panel with Cocktail Party and Shiny Bauble Distress Mica Stains, overlapping the colors to get the purple in the middle. Once that was dry, I rubbed the ink off the embossing to make it stand out more. I assembled the sentiment cut on my card and then cut thin strips of foam adhesive and outlined the cupcake. I filled the well it created with sequins and seed beads then I pressed it onto my card front. 


The card below has a very similar process, but I used a different background stamp and I used a stamp for the sentiment instead. This cupcake was actually the one I cut for the card above, but then I realized it was too big to go with the sentiment I cut- oops! I kept it and created this second card. 


Next up is a pair of cards I created using a Concord and 8th Turnabout stamp. I started by making a 6x6 panel of white cardstock and stamped the butterflies 4 times, starting with Versamark and heat embossing with silver. Once I finished the stamping, I cut the panel in half to make two cards. I found this peachy pink cardstock in my scraps that matched my pink ink, so I cut that to the size of a card front and stamped a subtle background with white pigment ink. I cut the sentiment with my Cricut from holographic cardstock. To make it stand out a bit from the background, I backed the flower with yellow vellum, the sentiment circle with white vellum and the butterfly with pink vellum (which you can't see because it overlaps the pink cardstock. I then attached it to my card.

I cut this sentiment from coordinating blue cardstock and attached it to my card front. I added some sequins to finish off the card.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment