Saturday, January 27, 2024

A Layout and a Card

Hi all! I have a layout and card to share today! First up is the layout that I created using this sketch from Paper Issues:


I had larger photos to work with, but I made the sketch work with them. I started by doing the smooshing technique on the background with red inks. While that dried, I cut and adhered the photos to the black mats. Once the ink was dry on the background, I took a star mask and added some of those around the page. I finished off the background with some gold ink splatters. In the place of the triangles in the sketch, I used a chevron acetate and fussy cut along the lines. I glued that down around the page. I used my Cricut for the title, and the black stars. The gold banner was in my scrap drawer and so I decided to use it here. I embellished the page with some gold star stickers and black gems. 

Next up is a card, which also uses some odds and ends from my scrap drawer. I have been throwing things in there, but haven't used much. I went through it and organized it a couple of days ago so that it will be easier to find what I'm looking for. While I was doing that, I found these blue chevron pieces and the scrap from the first card in this post. I also found the transparent circle in my scraps. Then I went to work putting it all together. I used a bunch of different birthday stamps and my Misti to stamp the background. I also used an ombre inkpad so I had a few different colors on my stamping. I arranged all my pieces over the background I stamped. Then I stamped the little whale and colored it in using a water pen and Distress Inks.


 Thanks for stopping by to check out my projects1

No comments:

Post a Comment